Effective Date: November 18th, 2023
This page informs you (hereinafter referred to as the "User") of GTALFH.com's (hereinafter referred to as the "Site") policies regarding the collection, use, removal, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Site.
Personal Data is collected from users of the Site as they interact with it. Personal Data is collected when a user:
- Submits a listing on the Site (information entered via the “Recruit a Crew” form, your IP address, and a hash to identify your browser session)
- Submits a Report against a listing on the Site (your email address and the reason for why you reported any given listing)
Personal Data collected by the Site is used in order to provide basic functionality. Examples of what we use your Personal Data for are:
- Personalizing your experience as well as enabling additional features (such as the ability to Rate other members, and reserve your in-game name)
- Assisting the Site by providing insight towards the features we should focus on
- Allow you to interact and communicate with other users of the Site
Your Personal Data will be retained as long as necessary in order to allow the Site to fulfill any legal and/or security related obligations. Any User may request that their Personal Data that the Site has access to be removed.
User's may request that any Personal Data collected by the Site be removed. To initiate this process, please send an email to support [at] gtalfh.com. We request that you include the following information in your request:
- Any in-game names that you have posted on the Site with
- Any email addresses that you may have accounts registered under
- Any email addresses that you may have submitted a Report under
- Proof that you are the original owner of the in-game name(s) or registered account(s)
Valid data removal requests will be processed within 7 business days of initial acknowledgement. Please note that failure to meet the requirements stated above may delay or invalidate your request. In such an occurrence, we will assist where able to process the request within a timely manner.
Data transmitted across the internet can never be perfectly secure. Keeping your data safe is paramount, which is why the Site is dedicated to protecting your data through industry standard technology and techniques.
Although various measures are taken to protect the interest of the Site and its users, modern systems are not impervious and can be susceptible to tampering from different vectors. The Site utilizes SSL to encrypt all data and communications between the Site and the users’ browser, however, it is recommended that all users follow safe practices while accessing the internet from any device.
The Site is not intended to be used by individuals under the age of 18. Nor does the Site knowingly collect Personal Data from any individuals under the age of 18. Any data that has been confirmed as such without written parental consent will be immediately removed.
Cookies are temporary files stored on your device via your web browser upon each visit. These cookies allow the Site, as well as Google Analytics and Google AdSense to provide key features, preserve your settings, and more.
There are generally three types of cookies stored on your device whilst accessing the Site: (i) session cookies; (ii) persistent cookies; and (iii) third-party cookies. A brief explanation of these cookie types is below.
- Session cookies are temporary and automatically expire upon logging out (if you’re logged in) or after a predefined timeout (approx. 2 hours). These cookies store information about your current login status and allow us to verify the authenticity of your requests.
- Persistent cookies are permanent and do not expire unless they are manually deleted. These cookies allow us to preserve your settings between visits, temporary settings, and allow us to verify the authenticity of your requests if you are still logged in.
- Third-party cookies may be stored on your device when accessing the site. These cookies may originate from Google Analytics or AdSense, or Twitter. These cookies are only used to compile analytical data relating to how users interact with the Site and our ad integrations.
All Users are able to opt-out of having any cookies saved on their device. However, the User must perform this action manually and be aware of the potential repercussions. In order to manually opt-out of having cookies saved on your device, please refer to the settings panel of your selected web browser. Users may also opt-in to having their browser provide a notification every time a new cookie is created on their device. Please be aware that disabling or modifying your cookie settings may result in unwanted behavior occurring when accessing the site.
The Site would like to ensure that residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK are aware of their data protection rights. At any point, if you are interested to know what data the Site has collected from you or would like to have that data removed, please contact us via email at support [at] gtalfh.com.
With respect to the Site, you have the following Data Protection Rights:
- The Right to Information
- The Right to Rectification
- The Right to Object
- The Right to Restriction
- The Right to Erasure
- The Right to Data Portability
- The Right to Withdraw Consent
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, please be aware of our reasons for processing your Personal Data:
- You have given us permission to
- The processing is within our legitimate interests
- To comply with the law or with law enforcement
Does Google Analytics on the Site affect my privacy?
The Site utilizes Google Analytics in order to aggregate important statistical information regarding the visitors of the Site. By using the Site, you are agreeing to allow Google Analytics collect information about you. However, the information collected by Google Analytics is not able to identify you. To learn how Google uses the information it collects about you, please click here.
Does Google AdSense on the Site affect my privacy?
Advertisements provided by Google AdSense for the Site have been configured to not be personalized. That simply means that these ads are not based off your relevant browsing history, and are generic to the type of website we are and the content on our website. A cookie, however, is still stored on your device for (but not limited to): "frequency capping, aggregated ad reporting, and to combat fraud and abuse".