Last Updated: May 24th, 2018
PII is collected from users of the Site as they interact with it. PII is collected when a user:
How does the Site use PII?
- registers an account on the Site (your e-mail address, username and hashed password);
- submits a listing on the Site (information entered via the “Recruit a Crew” form, your IP address, and a hash to identify your browser);
- submits a Report against another users’ listing on the Site (your email address and the reason for why you reported any given listing);
PII collected by the Site is used in order to provide our basic functionality. Some examples of what we use your PII for is:
- personalizing your experience as well as enabling additional features (such as the ability to Rate other members, and reserve your in-game name);
- assisting the Site by providing insight towards the features we should focus on;
- allow you to interact and communicate with other users of the Site;
PII is never shared with a third-party service. However, some of your PII is shared with other users of the site for the purpose of which the information was collected. For example: the information collected when you submit your listing.How do I get my data removed?
Having your data removed from our Site is very easy. Simply send an email to [email protected] with the subject as “Remove My Data”. Please include the following information in the body of your email (if something is not applicable, please ignore it):
- ANY in-game names that you have posted on the site with;
- ANY email addresses that you have accounts registered under;
- Validation that you are the original/current owner of said in-game names and/or email addresses;
Requests will be processed within 48 hours of it being received. Once the request has been processed, we will notify you via email the result of your request. If the requested requirements are not met, we may be unable to remove the data until they are met.
Please note that this request will only remove the data that the Site has directly collected. We do not have access to the raw aggregate analytical data collected by Google Analytics.How do we protect your PII?
Any PII that is collected by the Site is protected using industry standard security and technology. These technologies aide the Site to protect your information from being lost, misused, altered or destroyed without your knowledge. Your PII is maintained securely on our server and is only directly accessible by the webmaster of the Site whom is legally complaint with the confidential nature of your data.
Although various measures are taken to protect the interest of the Site and its users, modern systems are not impervious and can be susceptible to tampering from different vectors. The Site utilizes SSL to encrypt all data and communications between the Site and the users’ browser, however, it is recommended that all users follow safe practices while accessing the internet from any device.Does Google Analytics on the Site affect my privacy?
The Site utilizes Google Analytics in order to aggregate important statistical information regarding the visitors of the Site. By using the Site, you are automatically agreeing to allow Google Analytics collect information about you. However, the information collected by Google Analytics is not able to identify you. To learn how Google uses the information it collects about you, please click here.Does Google AdSense on the Site affect my privacy?
Cookies are temporary files stored on your device via your web browser upon each visit. These cookies allow the Site, as well as Google Analytics and Google AdSense to provide key features, preserve your settings, and more.
There are generally three types of cookies stored on your device whilst accessing the Site: (i) session cookies; (ii) persistent cookies; and (iii) third-party cookies. A brief explanation of these cookie types is below.
- Session cookies are temporary and automatically expire upon logging out (if you’re logged in) or after a predefined timeout (approx. 2 hours). These cookies store information about your current login status and allow us to verify the authenticity of your requests.
- Persistent cookies are permanent and do not expire unless they are manually deleted. These cookies allow us to preserve your settings between visits, temporary settings, and allow us to verify the authenticity of your requests if you are still logged in.
- Third-party cookies may be stored on your device when accessing the site. These cookies may originate from Google Analytics or AdSense, or Twitter. These cookies are only used to compile analytical data relating to how users interact with the Site and our ad integrations.
All users are able to opt-out of having cookies saved on their device. However, the user must perform this action manually and be aware of the potential repercussions. In order to manually opt out of having cookies saved on your device, please refer to the settings panel of your selected web browser. Users may also opt-in to having their browser provide a notification every time a new cookie is created on their device. Please be aware that disabling or modifying your cookie settings may result in unwanted behavior occurring when accessing the site.Policy Revision